Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Day 20: Wednesday, September 14th

Good Afternoon, Room 36 Families!

It was so good to be back with your kids today!  I was away on Monday and Tuesday taking my oldest daughter to her first year of college. Here is a picture taken 30 minutes before I drove to the airport to go home:
Even though my flight was delayed, and I was a little late, I was also so happy to see so many of you last night at Back to School Night!  Thanks for being patient.  :-)

While I was gone, the substitute teacher did not assign homework, but I hope students continued to read 20 minutes each night.  We completed the math homework sheets for Monday and Tuesday, in class today.
A big welcome to the families of Bryant, Sophia and Ethan! We're happy to have you in Room 36. :-)

Just FYI: I will be finishing up mandatory TRC testing with the students this week.  This is a one-on-one reading comprehension assessment, that will also be done at the end of the year.

Homework:
- Read 20 minutes + reading log
- MyMath: Chapter 2/Lesson 9 (p 117-118)
- Close Reading: Be a Tree Detective

No comments:

Post a Comment